Cisco Live Berlin 2016 was held last week, 15 – 19 February 2016. I was one of the 12000 attendees of the event and this blog post is a short review about my Cisco Live trip.
The Venue was huge. There are a lot of huge halls with a lot of connecting halls. It’s easy to get lost, even easier then it was in Milan last year. But like every year, there are a lot of signs with directions placed all around the venue and a lot of Cisco people (this year in orange sweaters) are located on almost every corner to show you the direction.
At Cisco Live Europe 2016, I’ve heard a few interesting things about Cisco ACI. Down here, a few notes about the things I’ve heard (Non-nda):
- Stretched fabric design: 3 site deployment is coming in Q2 2016. Sites are connected in a triangle
- Multi-pod deployment is coming in Q3 2016
- Multipod config is not managed by APIC and configured manually
- Multipod uses 40 or 100Gb/s links
- Multipod requires a higher MTU if using a service provider to handle VXLAN headers of 50 bytes
- OSPF peering with service provider required
- If you’re using DWDM or dark fiber WAN connections, the maximum RTT can be 10 msec
- QoS at service provider to prioritize APIC cluster communication