This is a Cisco ISE blog post series with some how-to’s for configuring the ISE deployment, This blog post series exists of 10 parts.
The blogpost Agenda:
- Part 1: introduction
- Part 2: installation
- Part 3: Active Directory
- Part 4: High Availability
- Part 5: Configuring wired network devices
- Part 6: Policy enforcement and MAB
- Part 7: Configuring wireless network devices
- Part 8: Inline posture and VPN
- Part 9: Guest and web authentication
- Part 10: Profiling and posture
This week, part 2: installation.
Cisco ISE installation
After installation of the software, type “setup” in the username field on the console.
A wizard appears, complete this wizard with the following information:
- IP adress
- Default Gateway
- DNS domain
- NTP server
- Timezone (try to use UTC)
- Enter a useraccount for the first admin user
- Enter the password for this user
Make sure the NTP server is correct and reachable, NTP is important for the ISE deployment.
During the wizard proces, enter a database password and a database user password.
After the wizard, it can take up to 30 minutes before the setup completes. So, grab a coffee or something.